Wednesday 2 November 2011

UDK - Vehicle Creation

So these past few days I have been focusing purely on getting the mechanics of my game to work and really just trying to understand how it's done in UDK.

The 'fruits of labour' are starting to show and by the end of today, I hope to have a fully working vehicle for all to see!!! But don't hold out your hope, it is a fickle business!

Suprisingly it seems to be a considerable amount easier than I previously thought and now I know what I need to do to make it work I am feeling very positive about the progress of my project.
(I can now actually focus more on design for the next week then once I have some basic functions working within my game i.e a working spaceship!).

What can be learned from user 'geodav' is extremely helpful and his knowledge of UDK is vast and concise for learning from. Below is a link to his profile page whereby a plethora of tutorials awaits for pretty much anything you can think of.


Geodav's website, containing tutorials and many other things not just for UDK but UT3 as well :

http://sites.google.com/site/ut40kmod/

What is great about these tutorials is that they are kind of modular in the sense of, what can be learned in one is then used in the next video, so what I've found helpful about his tutorials is that it lets me be able to focus on the core elements of what I wish to learn and not be constantly hit with redundant information, which can cause you to miss what it is you wanted to learn in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment