Monday 12 March 2012

Texturing - Player Ship - Photoshop




Making use of the plethora of textures I chose during the selection process, I cut, shaped, and modified until the desired effect was achieved over the UV Map with my Player Ship texture.

I used a range of techniques in getting the textures to align with the polygons and in trying to build this impression of plated metal over the ship.



As it stands at this point the model's texture seems very bare, the next stage will be the production of Vertical Displacement Map and a Normal Map. It is with these maps that the final touch will be achieved in the visual aspect of the Players Ship.

By applying the texture you can see above, the texture fits snugly over the model (below)
and while the blending options for the shadows around the plates seem quite overbearing
at this stage, I am confident that when the additional maps are applied they will coalesce
and produce a result that I can be pleased with.




No comments:

Post a Comment